Thursday, January 17, 2008

MMMMMazing Muffins!!!

So I got 2 recipes from a really cool lady named V(all my army friends know her!) Anyway, I tried both of them and HELLO they were AMAZING!!!:0) I posted earlier about how I was going to eat a little healthier this year and I LOVE these recipes.

The first one is Pumpkin Muffins
You can use either a box of Carrot Cake or Spice Cake. I chose Carrot Cake.
Box of Carrot Cake
1 Can of pumpkin(Not pie filling)
1C Raisins
1C Walnuts
( I also added about 2TBSP milk because the mix is going to be thick.)
Add the 4 above mentioned in a bowl. DO NOT ADD THE EGGS AND OIL FROM THE CAKE MIX!!!
Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. They are going to rise quite like a regular muffin, or get as brown, but are still delicious!!!

The second is Lemon Poppy seed Muffins.
1 box of lemon poppy seed muffin mix
1 6oz jar of vanilla yogurt
1 6oz jar of lemon yogurt
(Also 2 TBSP milk to help not be so thick, but not required)
Mix the 3 ingredients together and bake at 425 for 15 minutes. Will not brown like a muffin but will get golden around the edges.
If you want a more lemon taste do 2 lemon yogurts instead of vanilla and if you want to tone down the lemon do 2 vanilla yogurts. I thought they were just right with one of each.

I also just pulled blueberry muffins out of the oven. They were also delicious!! It was a box of muffin mix and 2 jars vanilla yogurt. Might try 1 vanilla and one blueberry next time!!!

Anyway, enjoy them I definitely have!!!:0)

1 comment:

Jenn - The Army Wife Life said...

Those sound really good, I love muffins! Tell V thanks for sharing!