Friday, May 30, 2008

NO WAY

I went out of town with my daycare today. We went to OKC about an hour away. When I left the gift shop with the kids and a teacher told me the other two vans left already. RULE #1 Stay together at all times.
So we get in the van to leave and a child tells me that she has no seat. Since the other school left their teacher I am now one seat short. I called the daycare and informed them that they needed to contact the other van. I needed them to turn around so I could put a kid on their van. 45 MINUTES LATER.....they are back! GREAT so now we are REALLY late and there are parents waiting at the school for their kids. I get back only to be told by the director of the other school(there are 3 schools) that "I should have just double buckled and come on. I do it all the time". WHAT??????? (excuse language) ARE YOU F*&^%^& KIDDING ME?????? I am going to be driving 75 miles per hour on an interstate and you want me to just double buckle them??
I told her I was NOT OK with that and I was not going to do that. I informed her that I could have had a wreck or been pulled over and that I was not going to take that chance. She said well I have angry parents that had to wait on their kids. HOW MAD DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD BE IF THEY KNEW YOU HAD TOO MANY KIDS ON A VAN AND YOU DOUBLE BUCKLED THEIR KID?????????????

To make matters worse they laughed at the vans that left me and they received to reprimand for their actions.

I am in a BAD mood now. I cannot even believe that they truly wanted me to do that.

2 comments:

E said...

You are soooo in the right here. I can't believe they told you that either. Good for you for sticking up for yourself and taking the harder right vs the easier wrong. You're a great teacher!

Jenn - The Army Wife Life said...

Hear hear! I'm sure the parents would have understood if they had explained the situation! I know I would much rather be inconvenienced by the wait and know my kids are safe, then have their teacher put them in danger to make the deadline! That's just ridiculous!