Tuesday, October 28, 2008

WARNINIG...If grossed out easily DO NOT read BLOG!!

Where have I been lately?? Well I have been struggling to eat, shower,and dress....Why you ask?? Because I have 8 stitches in my hand! Let me explain...
Saturday morning finishing up a wedding cake. I am leveling the cakes. This means cutting the tops off so that they are level. At about noon I am working on a layer when I accidentally slice my hand instead of the cake. It bled like crazy...but I knew I HAD to finish the cake. So...lots of band aids...and a latex glove...and back to the cakes. Hour later...repeat..new band aid and glove...and so on and so on(for a total of 8 hours).
Finished the cake drove it an hour to home town. My parents came to help put it together. We finish and dad says "OK let me see it". So I take off the glove, and it's STILL bleeding(it's been 9 hours bleeding now). So we went to the minor emergency clinic. After cleaning it all up they decide I need stitches. I got 8 stitches in my hand. OUCH it hurts.
So.....typing is very difficult and driving...so I have been doing as little as possible til the stitches come out. One last thought...ever try putting on a bra one handed??? Yeah, it SUCKS!!!! Here is a picture of my hand.