Thursday, March 06, 2008

Back in the grind!

We came back to Stillwater on Saturday. We went to Hastings(a movie rental place) and then to sonic to grab some ice cream. We were leaving sonic and Joe had pulled out of the stall and was fixing to drive forward. Suddenly the car in the opposite stall hits our car. We get out and there's quite a bit of damage to his, but not anything to ours. Joe says "it's not big deal" let's just go....after all HE HIT US!! Then the guys say" oh no the police are on the way and you will pay for my car". He had a BRAND new Lexus SUV just off off the lot, and we have a 98 Chevy cavalier that's on it's last life! Joe says "dude you have got to be kidding me. You hit me". The cop gets there and goes over to the other driver first and tells Joe get the insurance and licence. This lady ran over and said "Are they trying to say you did it"? We said yes and she said she saw it and was going to write a witness report.(Thank God) then her husband writes one too.
While all of this is going on the guy from the other car is being a jerk to the cop. asking "if he's going to give us a ticket"? The cop said its private property and that he cannot do that nor say who's fault it was. The guys says "well my lawyer is in the car and she will handle this"! The cop said "OK but I really could care less and your threatening is not going to help you". SERIOUSLY???? Who takes their lawyer to a drive up fast food restaurant??? Whatever dude!
Needless to say we finally got to leave and immediately called USAA when we got home.

Thanks to everyone who left comments or prayers while I have been dealing with my Grandma. It means a lot. What bothers me is people I do not know try and hug me and console me. Maybe I am being rude, but it's truly how I feel. There has been a couple of people at my work that I really do not know and they have tried to hug me and say"I'm so sorry". It;s weird to me! You do not know me.
Is that wrong? Basically total strangers trying to hug me?
Does anyone else feel that way?

2 comments:

Vianne said...

Roxxi,
I am a non-hugger. I love hugs from people I know; it's stranger hugs that unnerve me. I have gotten used to it over the years, but I still find it awkward. I just tell myself that people that are huggers really are well meanning and they really want you to feel better. No harm (unless it is flu season and then just hold your breath).

E said...

You're not weird--stranger hugs are unwelcome for me too. Sorry to hear about your accident, but if it's any consolation, USAA is great. They will take care of it. Oh, and the lawyer in his car? That was probably his wife!